SEO Tips and Tool Suggesions from the Pros
Written by: JOMMAdmin
Take Aways from the PowerSquad Review Panel – JOMM March 2013
- Google Advance Operator Search
- MouseFlow used to be free but now 13/month
- Keyword Map Pro
- Screaming Frog – Great On Page Tool
- Seer Interactive
- Develop clear CTAs
Create clear Calls to Actions for users with specific desired actions in mind.
- Accessible Social Media
Be sure to feature Social Media channels at top of site to make it easy for users to find, build credibility and make a conversion.
Top Take Aways:
- Have a clear visual hierarchy to the page
Keep the focus on one main idea and no more than three secondary elements.
- Group Common Navigation Items
Too many navigation items in the same area can be confusing and challenge the user.
- Good explanation of Latent Semantic Indexing
- Google Keyword Tool
- Authorship Markup
- Adding hreview to your site
- SEO Quake Toolbar for your browser
- Pin it up
Great opportunity to extend your reach on Pinterest
- Cross Market
Cross promote your products and services with affiliated non-competing entities.
- The Importance of an Original Story
Story is really helpful to sell what makes you or your service unique. Make it original.
- Don’t Make Me Think
Try and make the user experience clear and easy. Don’t challenge people to think. Similar to the KISS method – Keep It Simple Stupid
- Check the Basics:
Page Titles, Heading Tags, Content, if you don’t have the basics, additional efforts will be less fruitful.
- Marketing Grader
- HubShout SEO Grader
- FireBug Browser Extension – Inspect HTML Elements
- Market to your Target Audience
Everybody is nobody, know who your speaking to… and speak to them.