If you are reading this page, then you have decided to or are still considering presenting to #theJOMM. Below are some of the recommendations we have for you to make the most out of your JOMM experience.
- Tips for JOMM Promotion
- Dos & Dont’s
- Being Prepared
Tips for JOMM Promotion:
Since you are going to be participating to #theJOMM, you might as well let people know about it. This will help increase both your Visibility and Credibility.
PROVIDE YOUR INTRODUCTION:
Please take a moment to fill out this form so we have an introduction for you. By default we will take information from your LinkedIn profile or Company website.
RSVP for The EVENT:
Even if you are presenting, please be sure to RSVP on MeetUp.com. As a presenter you and 2 guest fees will be waived. Please let us know your guest’s names.
CONNECT & ENGAGE:
Connect with #theJOMM social channels. Engage with members and have fun doing it!
If your company has a blog, write a blog post letting people know what you are doing and the details of the event. If you have a personal blog, it wouldn’t hurt to share this information on there as well.
Share the event information on your personal and your company’s social media channels.Use: #theJOMM hashtag
Attendees have great feedback on the event and are thankful to have been invited. Take a moment to reach out and share this experience with others you think it would benefit.
- Perspective Clients
Do’s & Dont’s:
- Have an Abundant Attitude – Givers Gain
- Be Fun & Creative
- Gently Promote Your Brand
- Share Knowledge & Insights
- Focus on Selling Your Product or Service – The group doesn’t want to be sold to.
- Be Negative or Insulting
- Forget to Prepare
Hand Outs & Leave Behinds:
As a presenter, one of the perks you get is to offer leave behinds which can include:
- Door Prize: A small token from your company to raffle off in a door prize drawing.
- Leave Behinds: If your company has swag items such as pens or koozies you’d like to hand out, that can be coordinated as well.
- Event Hand-Out: Information from your presentation in paper form with your company contact information, social channels, QR code, etc…
- Event Download: Your slide-deck or promotional materials from your presentation with your company info can be featured on TheJOMM.com and promoted through the MeetUp Newsletter.
For Presenters: Organize Your Thoughts and Be Memorable:
Even if you know your subject matter like the back of your hand, take a moment to organize your thoughts and create a presentation that has solid points and clear take aways. You don’t need to create a fancy PowerPoint but you should have your thoughts organized in a way that gets people engaged.
Tips on Public Speaking:
Visuals Go a Long Way:
While it isn’t crucial to have a PowerPoint, a few slides with some visuals or a handout is helpful for people to visualize what you are looking to communicate. IF you do have a presentation, please send it to Kenny [at] RockMyImage.com for review a couple days before the event so we can be sure to work out any potential technical difficulties.